‘Why do we have to plan our life!! Lets just take it one day at a time and i am not so dumb yaar!! Come on!! Sumthing good will definitely happen to me and i’l be doing well in life’
Dont we really say this to ourselves all the time? We dont say it out loud, but definitely INACTION finds its roots somewhere in such thoughts!! I recollect few lines from a marathi song by Sandip Khare which go on like:
'kalun yeta jagnyachiya evalishi trijyaa udun jati attarapari jaganyachya maujaa daari nahi phirakat kuthala nava chhand chala rakhan karit basato yethe sadaiv kanatala kantalyacha dekhil ata kantala yeto atasha mi fakt rakane divsanche bharato chakoriche khardun kagad sahis pathavato'
Excuse me for my translation skills..yet ive made a fair attempt to convey the feelings conveyed by the author.
The lines above say, “knowing that, the interest i take in living my life, follows a very small radius, all my enthusiasm has vanished into thin air, just like perfume!! Not a single new hobby or interest,bothers to knock at my door cuz the door is strongly guarded by ‘boredom’.
The lines go on to say that ‘ Boredom! Boredom! Im am now bored of even getting bored. I just continue filling my box with days, scribbling my signature on small bits of papers and forwarding them ahead!!’
Woww!! The song truly captures the emotions of COMFORTABLE INACTION!!
And though it feels very very cozy and comfortable it does create a sense of Purposelessness!! The temptation of moving back into a slow life of no goals, no milestones and more importantly NO ACTION is surely irresistible.
So How serious am I about the way I want to spend the 24 priceless hours in my day? Time anyway flies..from hours into days and from days to weeks and finally into months and into loooooong years of loads of INACTION!!
So my way of combating my INACTION is in owning goals! Ive made a small list of them. But for starters, we can make atleast one goal. To identify this goal id luv to share an exercise given by Mr. Bill Turpin- my teleclass instructor at ICA. This is the exercise that pulled me into Action!
1. Draw 5 boxes/ squares – 1.5 x 1.5 inch roughly in size, one next to the other in a line.
2. Number the boxes from 1 to 5, by writing the number above each square.
3. In the first box- write a goal/ activity that you have been wanting to do since a long time.
4. In the second box- write the date/ duration since when you have wanted to achieve this goal
5. In the third box, mention the obstacle that has been stopping you from achieving this goal
6. In the fourth box, write the actions that you have taken in the last 24 hours to achieve this goal
7. Please mention how would you feel if you were able to achieve and fulfil this goal.
Signing off at this point as this exercise is bound to open each one of us towards something big, just as it did for me.
Please feel free to share, what opened up for you, after goin thru this small exercise!! It definitely stirred me up into action & more on that in a few days!!
Thanks Bill for this awesum exercise & thank you all for your time & effort!! 🙂