We find these illustrations funnily true yet we’re light years away from realising how this addiction is going to get to us and our future generation! We’re intelligent , we know this addiction takes us nowhere! Yet we’re so addicted that we are unable to devise our escape plans..
Here are some tips for an awesome escape plan!
– Spend some time (as little as 5 mins) every day consciously keeping away from your phone/ tabs
– Go outdoors. Enjoy the rain. Sleep on the lawn, see the open blue sky! Let the colors of the flowers fill your eyes.
– Breathe!! Yeah simply breathe when you’re in fresh air, and pay attention to how shallow or deep your breath is! Yes – this is the oxygen that our body needs, that we are totally unaware of. Just be present to that oxygen you’re breathing in
– Connect with your friends / family members in ways other than your phone. Watch a movie together at home, visit a friend, say hi to your neighbors, plan a weekend get away where there isn’t any reception /network 😉
– Listen to those birds chirping outside. Can you see them? Can you distinguish the sounds from one another?
– Drink water! Yeah! Pay a visit to that bottle of water and finish it at least half way down.
– Move!! Dance, run, brisk walk. Whatever allows you to move. Sitting in one place with that phone is making us lazier by the minute. So even as you walk towards your bosses cabin, move faster.. Use the stairs instead of the lift. At home, show some energy as you walk towards the door when the bell rings.
– Be present! In the shower, pay attention to the fragrance of the soap/ shower gel you’re using! How does the cold / warm water feel? Does it relax you? Does it energise you? If all the time your thoughts are running in that head, you don’t even know if you shampood your hair or not!!
– When you’re outside, instead of looking into your phone, look at those smiles on peoples faces. If there are no smiles, try bringing some 🙂
Real life is outside folks. LIFE is outside. Whats in the phones is just a dull vibe, that is slowly getting on to us. And it’s time to dust that vibe aside!!!